viewing raster images

pauledward

Hi all,

When I insert my raster image in a drawing I just have an empty box. I can't see the image. Does anyone know why?

Thanks

My image was a tiff image. I opened it up in another drawing and I can see it but I can't see it in the drawing I need it to be in. Thanks for your help so far.

Hi all,

Can anyone make a suggestion as to why I cannot view a tiff raster image in my drawing in Autocad. My image manager said it is loaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Have you tried to copy the .tiff image from the drawing you could see it in the drawing you need it?

have you tried to save the .tiff as .jpg and insert it?

Let me know how that worked out for you

I just tried to save the drawing as a jpeg and that wouldn't work. I don't know how to copy something from one drawing and to paste it in another. I tried using the COPY command but as I opened the other drawing that command had ceased. Any further suggestions are welcome.

Hi folks,

I've tried repeatedly to insert a raster image but cannot view the raster image. All I am left with is an empty box. I've looked at the image manager and it says it is loaded. I've tried to "unload" then "reload" but to no avail. I've converted the file several times thinking it was that. I tried .gif, .tiff and .jpeg but still cannot view the image. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Pauledward, I have merged your two posts. We would prefer that you don't cross post. Ask a question and then see it through unto completion. Starting several threads asking the same question just confuses things and makes it difficult to follow your progress.

Did the solution offered by Buzz solve the problem?

Thanks Buzz but i still cannot see the raster image. Thanks for the help though.

So far I have tried the following

-Check the image manager to see the path and whether it is loaded

-Tried changing the image to .jpeg , .gif and .tiff

-Clicked on properties, show image and ensured that it is set to "on"

Any other suggestions folks? Thanks for all your help.

The only time that the image shows for me is when I am in 2D wireframe mode..If I switch to 3D wireframe or hidden,flat shaded,gouraud shaded,flat shaded,edges on,the image will go away leaving a empty box..it only shows with 2D wireframe..Mike