• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cute eng

• JD Mather

• ReMark

• lulumara

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It all boils down to GIGO. Some of you will know immediately what that stands for.

Again, it depends on image quality. To my eye, and I think to others here, the height of 120 is assumed to go from the bottom of the base to the top of the circle. I think the OP is saying that it doesn't and in fact falls below the top of the circle. Therefore the OP is deducting 18 (6+12) from the circle height of 55 leaving 37. The OP adds this 37 to the 120 and arrives at 157.

yes 157 that what im saying

The bottom point of the 120 dimension is clearly aligned to the centreline of the base. Therefore the top point of the dimension line is also aligned to the centre of the top surface.

There is no Escher effect. Dimension lines are vertical.

This is YOUR assignment. If you believe that you have the correct height, then draw the object with that height and submit it for grading. YOU have asked us for help on the assignment. We believe that the height is 120, but we are working from the scan which you posted. It would be very kind of you to post the correct dimensions once you get them from your instructor. I would like to draw this object in my 3D class that I am taking.

The answer to your question:

can u fix it ?
strictly speaking is yes - most of us on the board CAN fix it, JD Mather DID draw it. However, we will not fix it for you.

Frankly I begin to wonder if we are helping you with a different homework assignment than you claim. This thread reads more like a lesson in sociology or psychology or even negotiation skills.

Assignment:

Find a technical forum, establish a persona and attempt to have the online community perform a task for you.

I'm going over in the corner with ReMark and JDMather wearing my hip waders.

Glen

This is YOUR assignment. If you believe that you have the correct height, then draw the object with that height and submit it for grading. YOU have asked us for help on the assignment. We believe that the height is 120, but we are working from the scan which you posted. It would be very kind of you to post the correct dimensions once you get them from your instructor. I would like to draw this object in my 3D class that I am taking.

The answer to your question: strictly speaking is yes - most of us on the board CAN fix it, JD Mather DID draw it. However, we will not fix it for you.

Frankly I begin to wonder if we are helping you with a different homework assignment than you claim. This thread reads more like a lesson in sociology or psychology or even negotiation skills.

Assignment:

Find a technical forum, establish a persona and attempt to have the online community perform a task for you.

I'm going over in the corner with ReMark and JDMather wearing my hip waders.

Glen

..thats good stuff glen.

Does this site provide an ignore member option?

Absolutely. It's in your User CP Control Panel in the Miscellaneous section.

This thread is ridiculous. This is a homework assignment. I cannot believe that you guys have spent so much time with this kid who won't even answer the few simple questions you have asked of him. He has also rudely snapped at another moderator as well as others that have tried to point him in the right direction. He just wants you to give him the answers so that he won't have to spend any time figuring this out for himself.

Cute eng, this forum works on give and take, as ReMark said earlier. If a member only takes but never gives back, he's not likely to last long around here. You should also understand that this is a help forum, not a "tell me the answer so I can fill in the blanks" forum. The members who have helped you, up to this point, have gone far beyond what we would normally do for someone asking for homework help. You should be grateful for the amount of assistance you have recieved.

JDM drew the object using a height of 120 and an angle of 70 if I'm not mistaken (please correct me if I am wrong). His drawing looks like the object in your image.

At a height of 120 the 70 degree angle appears to work. If the height is pushed to 157 then I believe the angle would have to be greater than 70 degrees. That is how I perceive it.

Nice image but I think the geometry is slightly off. That ridge that runs from the top of the base up to the top of the circle isn't supposed to be an arc. It actually has a 70 angle to it. What made you change it?

That angle of 70 degrees is still there, I did a straight line from circle to intersection of the line of 70 degrees, it will not connect the top ridge of the circle thru the 70 degrees ridge then fillet the intersection.

Lulumara, I like your arc better than the way it was drawn. While fiddling with it this am I used this. I tried with the 2 radii tan. to each other but it didn't look right.

hw6rads.jpg

I'm back, it takes me for a while my computer freezes, I just updated my Antivirus it when freezing?? Oh I just revised my drawing as Remark just told me it's not an Arc , Sorry my fault.

BEARING HOUSING 2.jpg

Looks like the width of the L-shape is wrong too. I see offset of 6 (assume both sides for total width of 80 - same as cylinder. 92-(2*6)= 80 Not same as base.

Lulumara, I like your arc better than the way it was drawn. While fiddling with it this am I used this. I tried with the 2 radii tan. to each other but it didn't look right.

Hi Glen Smith , thanks for the compliment with the arc but it was wrong hehehhehe.