• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cute eng

• JD Mather

• ReMark

• lulumara

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In front view the rib going down center of part should not be hatched.

The bottom of the cylinder is wrong size.

Right side view has extraneous line.

Top view has a tiny extraneous piece of garbage left over.

One of the holes won't dimension position correctly as you still haven't fixed lower right corner.

I would expect a student to completely finish this in about an hour, including fully dimensioned with correct line weights for object lines, center lines, hidden lines, hatch and dimensions.

here's my final rendering of CUTE ENG's assignment : Bearing housing made in Solidworks

One other problem lulu. The main body that goes up to the bearing housing is only 80mm wide like the cylinder, not 92 like the base. Edit, i just noticed your last render was changed:)

Jd, looking at the drawing i made an educated guess that the structural rib was 6mm below the top of the bearing housing and horizontal out to meet the 70degree line, at which point they have a 42mm radius fillet. Just as you said there is some info missing.

To the original poster. Im amazed that i read through all of this and actually took the time to respond. Im not sure where you are located or if there may be a language barrier(though your HW is in english) but your responses in some of your replies are not nice at all. We dont get paid to help out, we give our free time/energy to help those asking. Several people told you the height of this piece was 120 yet you repeatedly stated it was not, listen to you, look again and so on. If you ask for help, accept the help you get. If you disagree, then dont use the help you get, plain and simple. Oh and the height is 120, dont tell me im wrong:D

IVHelpHW.jpg

IVHelpHW2.jpg

One other problem lulu. The main body that goes up to the bearing housing is only 80mm wide like the cylinder, not 92 like the base. Edit, i just noticed your last render was changed:)

Jd, looking at the drawing i made an educated guess that the structural rib was 6mm below the top of the bearing housing and horizontal out to meet the 70degree line, at which point they have a 42mm radius fillet. Just as you said there is some info missing.

To the original poster. Im amazed that i read through all of this and actually took the time to respond. Im not sure where you are located or if there may be a language barrier(though your HW is in english) but your responses in some of your replies are not nice at all. We dont get paid to help out, we give our free time/energy to help those asking. Several people told you the height of this piece was 120 yet you repeatedly stated it was not, listen to you, look again and so on. If you ask for help, accept the help you get. If you disagree, then dont use the help you get, plain and simple. Oh and the height is 120, dont tell me im wrong:D

yes i think about the hight and i made it 120

u can see my attachment up

and tell me what my wrong please

[ATTACH]15759[/ATTACH]

can any body tell me where can i put the hatch

my drawing in the attach.

What textbook reference are you using? Does your school have a building called the library that might have many basic drafting reference books? I use Gieske et al Technical Drafting. If you tell me what book you have access to I probably have it in my library and can refer to the page you need to reference for correct section of ribs.

[ATTACH]15759[/ATTACH]

can any body tell me where can i put the hatch

my drawing in the attach.

You still didn't fix the lower right corner of the top view?

Trim the horizonal L shape feature at the cylinder for section view.

You still didn't fix the lower right corner of the top view?

Trim the horizonal L shape feature at the cylinder for section view.

we didnt use text book

i didnt understand what part you talk about exactly

can you explain it in picture or in the programme

thank u

As already pointed out, the dimensions on that assignment drawing are a bit ambiguous.

Is it possible that this was the intended span (see image); granted, if this were the case then the author of that drawing used poor drafting technique. But even if the intention was to dimension hole center to hole center, that technique is pretty poor.

The overall proportions to of this model do seem to match that of the initial drawing pretty well.

Housing.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong I did a drawing sheet in Solidworks about Cute Eng bearing housing here it is:

you have many mistake

u hatch the centre in the front view for the uper circle

and there is arc 6 in the front

umm guys..

i have the same hw

nnn ,, i have a problen with the curved line . . R12 and R42 .. i really dont know how to use them to make that curved line . .

and the ends of that line . . i dont know how to do them either

can some1 help me?

umm guys..

i have the same hw

nnn ,, i have a problen with the curved line . . R12 and R42 .. i really dont know how to use them to make that curved line . .

and the ends of that line . . i dont know how to do them either

can some1 help me?

There are missing details in the original drawing which would allow positioning those features with absolute certainty. Look at the postings here to see some of the options.

For 2d layouts the FILLET command would undoubtedly be used, as would the ARC command (possibly with the End – Direction sub options).

CAN any1 tell me if my work is riight?

im really confused obout the area that i selected .. .

how can i make a hatch for the front side . .what are the areas included?

HW66.jpg