Can't Create New Layer!

CadBrat

i imported a dwg into a dwt. but now some of my linework & hatch are on the same layer as my gEarth raster. I want to move them to their own new layer (so I can manipulate them in 3D). However, everytime i try to create a new layer in the L. Manager, i get the error msg, "New Layer Created Does Not Match Current Layer File". well, so what? i tried turning off my current layer file & that didn't help. ok-- thx. all. (i'm using Help, searching this site & trying not to post too much stuff)

What was the catch? I was asking if it really says layer "file" (or is it layer "state" or layer "key style" (I have not heard of a layer "file").

Perhaps you could post a screenshot of the error message?

-Buzz

whoops. very sorry. i'm pretty tired from days of working on this stuff. appreciate your tenacity, buzz. ok. so what it Really says (& it was a good catch) is: "A new layer was created that does not match current filter". & little Layer 1 & 2 & 3 Laugh @ me from the the layer Properties Mgr box until i click the error msg & then each stinking new Layer disappears in turn like drunk teenagers hurling mudballs on Halloween when i close the error msg. not sure how to send a screenshot right now b/c my screenshot gizmo busted. tried to paste it here...wa wa wa. well, thx. again!

By the way, to do a screenshot you can hold down your windows key and then press the Print Screen or PrtScn Key, then open Paint (Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint) and paste (Edit > Paste or Ctrl-V).

windows-key.jpgPrintScr_key.bmp

Alternatively, you could press Alt+PrtScn, which will take a screenshot of only the current active program (the windows key will take a screenshot of the entire screen).

-Buzz

• 2 weeks later...

thanx, borsdodas. for the record, Buzz's suggestion above did the trick perfectly-- i must have let him know in a different string. i dunno about your cuz-- depends on what he wants to do...

i see that you do 3D Max though-- that program rocks! (i'm just beginning to acquaint myself w/ aCAD'09 & its 3D capabilities.)