Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• alanjt

• JeepMaster

• Ringis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee, that works perfectly. Thanks so much. Do I dare ask anymore questions! :D

Thanks Jeep - I thought this way was more intuitive to the user for multiple offsets :D

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Lee

I have updated the code for Dynamic Offset to Version 2.0, following a suggestion from one of the members over at theSwamp.

The new code can be found here, along with an extra GIF for your amusement :)

Enjoy!

Lee

Hi Lee,

This works for us really well. We have a problem here at the office with single line text that is not aligned nor justified correctly so this really helps.

My only problem is I cannot get my polar tracking to activate while using the command. Is it just something I am doing? I need my text to be like this

JJ

JJ

JJ

JJ

instead of

_JJ

___JJ

_JJ

__JJ

_____JJ

Without polar tracking, making sure the text is exactly strait up and down is difficult.

Thanks again

Jason

Hi Jason,

Firstly, thanks for your comments, they are appreciated.

As with all my dynamic tools, the programs run using a GrRead loop to track user input, and create the "dynamic" effect. The drawback of using such a function is that it disables all Object Snap capability (including Tracking).

Therefore, one has to artificially create the effect of Object Snap within the GrRead loop, using the GrVecs function to display the OSnap icons as vectors onscreen.

But that takes a lot of coding on its own, let alone trying to create the effect of object tracking.

What I will say, is that to get the text aligned, you could make use of Orthmode - (another functionality that I've had to artificially create within the GrRead loop).

Lee

Dynamic Offset cannot work on my machine ,it give me feed:** Error: 函数错误: ACET-SYS-SHIFT-DOWN ** ,the Chinese characters mean "there is something wrong with some function " in English .my AutoCAD is 2006 ,I don't know why .

Thanks Lee,

That works really well. I have added a button to our new tool bar that turns on Ortho before you enter the txAlign command then reset everything to our normal polar tracking after completing the command. Have you done any work with Command Marcos? The reason I ask is that i have my macro waiting for 4 user inputs before turning back on polar and Ortho off. Is there a way I can set the system to wait until the txalign command is finished instead?

Thanks again.

This will save us ALOT of time.

PS

The command to fix your Osnap settings is AutoSnap and the value to add after to turn on Osnap, Otrack, and polar is 63. (if you look in the help file it gives you the values for each object to turn on and they are accumulative)

Thanks Lee,

That works really well. I have added a button to our new tool bar that turns on Ortho before you enter the txAlign command then reset everything to our normal polar tracking after completing the command. Have you done any work with Command Marcos? The reason I ask is that i have my macro waiting for 4 user inputs before turning back on polar and Ortho off. Is there a way I can set the system to wait until the txalign command is finished instead?

Thanks again.

This will save us ALOT of time.

PS

The command to fix your Osnap settings is AutoSnap and the value to add after to turn on Osnap, Otrack, and polar is 63. (if you look in the help file it gives you the values for each object to turn on and they are accumulative)

Thanks Jason,

I don't have much experience in Command Macro's, but you could just use a few LISP statements in the Macro box to set the Sys Vars as you need them, eg:

(setq OldOrtho (getvar "ORTHOMODE"))

(c:TxAlign)

(setvar "ORTHOMODE" OldOrtho)

As for the OSnap/Tracking - it's not that the GrRead loop switches them off, it is that their functionality is not available when using a GrRead loop. :)

Dynamic Offset cannot work on my machine ,it give me feed:** Error: 函数错误: ACET-SYS-SHIFT-DOWN ** ,the Chinese characters mean "there is something wrong with some function " in English .my AutoCAD is 2006 ,I don't know why .

Do you have Express Tools installed?

Thanks Jason,

I don't have much experience in Command Macro's, but you could just use a few LISP statements in the Macro box to set the Sys Vars as you need them, eg:

(setq OldOrtho (getvar "ORTHOMODE"))

(c:TxAlign)

(setvar "ORTHOMODE" OldOrtho)

As for the OSnap/Tracking - it's not that the GrRead loop switches them off, it is that their functionality is not available when using a GrRead loop. :)

Do you have Express Tools installed?

your are right ,I did not install it because I don't its function.

your are right ,I did not install it because I don't its function.

The acet-* functions are Express Tools functions, I thought I'd included a check for them, but maybe not. :wink:

I have updated the code here to Version 2.1, and have altered the way that I detect Express Tools.

Could you please test the new code, and see if you get an error :)

• 1 month later...

Lee

Thanks for great lisp

Refer to Dynamic Text Curve Align V2.7.lsp

there are some points

- The alignment not working when line length is shorter than text length(see Attached 1st and 2nd pic).

- Is there avaialbilaty to rechange settings?

Or Should I DTRemove then DTCurve again?

Because text location changed when rotate the line more than 90degree (see Attached 3rd pic).

- Some times when repeat the same command DTCurve, the 2 texts colected and aligned to one line (see attached movie), it habbens 2 times. I'll try to study the case and tell you.

- Is this working inside Dynamic block even with text and attribute?

002.png

004.png

005.png

Bug.zip

Hasan,

I have updated the code in the Archive to Version 2.8 - it can be found here.

I cannot work out what is causing the bug in which you align one object, then a second. Then when realigning a previous object, the last object aligned is used. :geek:

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the tool, it looks great. I have run into a problem though, once I have selected my text object, the routine exits with no other options for aligning the text. I am running Civil3d 2010. I loaded the routine with AppLoad, then typed txalign to run the routine. Am I missing a step? Many thanks for your assistance.

Pete

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the tool, it looks great. I have run into a problem though, once I have selected my text object, the routine exits with no other options for aligning the text. I am running Civil3d 2010. I loaded the routine with AppLoad, then typed txalign to run the routine. Am I missing a step? Many thanks for your assistance.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm actually in between sorting some other issues with this routine - and so will post an update in due course.

But, do you get an error message or any return?

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your quick reply. It just exits with no error message. I am not sure if I posted to the correct thread as this thread seems to be regarding the automatic re-alignment lisp routine. Many apologies for any confusion.

Thanks,

Pete