Scaling dim in layouts

Bob R

First post.

I’m currently making the transition from ACADLT 2007 to AM2009. This is due to the much desired (by me) BOM feature.

As with any transition, things must be re-learned. My current obstacle is pretty noob level: scaling dimensions in paper space. I’m currently staring at a layout that shows these symptoms:

All the previous day's dimensions scale fine. All the new dimensions scale to the paper size. This was not the situation yesterday, only when opening up the drawing today. The settings normally used are below.

What? :?

Does this seem familiar to anyone?

User preferences: make new dimensions associative

AM: standards: use 1:1 scale in layout.

Thanks,

Bob

I do all my dimensioning in my layout. I find that if I use Osnaps to pick the geometry, back in model space, I have no problem with getting the actual dimensions (not paper space dimensions).

Thanks, however I did not make my question clear. (Dimensioning in layouts only, for me also.)

The settings did not change, but the results have. Now all the setting toggles do not help. Attached is an example. Dims in blue were from the saved file. Dims in red are today’s – before playing with any settings.

Notice that the exterior dimensions agree but the interior dimensions do not?

Bob

Saddle.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, however I did not make my question clear. (Dimensioning in layouts only, for me also.)

The settings did not change, but the results have. Now all the setting toggles do not help. Attached is an example. Dims in blue were from the saved file. Dims in red are today’s – before playing with any settings.

Notice that the exterior dimensions agree but the interior dimensions do not?

Bob

I am hardly surprised the dimensions don't tally up.

Have you tried adding up 2 lots of 5/16 onto 2 1/6 ? It doesn't even come close to adding up to 6, as what your drawing says