Lines missing when plotting

otoplastic

Hello,

In hiden lines configuration, when I am plotting my drawing, the tangent lines of 3D cylinders (this is a pipes drawing) are missing.

I have tried many options to solve that problem: paper plot , pdf plot, high pdf resolution plot, small size drawing plot, changed the thickness of the lines, change the color of the lines, plot with other computers... I did not find any solution and I have to send my drawings to a customer.

In any configurations, the lines appears but others disappears.

Even in the preview plot, lines are missing.

Does anybody have a solution?:?

Check that the layer isn't switched off, frozen or set to a non-plottable layer in model space and also floating model space, ie. in your paperspace viewport window.

There is no frozen layers or no non-plottable layer in the paperspace viewport window. In fact, this is not a problem of layer: the entire 3D volumes are in a same layer and some lines of the volume appears and other of the same volume not when plotting.

How is the file setup for printing? Is it from a layout? Is a layout viewport’s Shadeplot setting something other than wireframe?

Actually, instead of all the questions, perhaps post a sample drawing.

no too sure about 3D but in autocad 2d drawing you can't use the number 255 for white. you must use the word "white". otherwise it will plot white on white on paper and you see nothing.

try this. this menu is in Layers. click on the layer showing white and a box appears to select a color. go all the way to the bottom and type in "white" and click OK.

attached is a file showing this screen

hope this helps

255.jpg

Thank you for trying helping me.

You can find here a part of the drawing I have problems to print: I put arrows to show the places where the lines are the most frequently missing.

Anyway, the problem is not a question of color because I tried to change the colors without success...

Yessss it does work.

I thought I had a good knowledge of Autocad but there are always new things to learn. Thank you Seant for this precious information.

• 1 year later...

Thanks, this was helpful for me.

no too sure about 3D but in autocad 2d drawing you can't use the number 255 for white. you must use the word "white". otherwise it will plot white on white on paper and you see nothing.

• 8 months later...
Set the HIDEPRECISION system variable to 1.

You're message is still helping people. I just saw it and it solved my problem. Thanks!

Edited by SLW210

• 1 year later...

I just created an account to say this solved my problem. Been tearing my hair out wondering why certain lines weren't appearing. Thanks a ton!