• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• veinsilk

• tzframpton

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, this is that same guy that went round and round with rkmcswain about the "backing up AutoCAD license" thread, which seemed fishy enough. I think he might be up to it again with Revit, lol.

I've had to change serial numbers before of an Autodesk Product. It's easy, it's called "call your local reseller".

We had a guy who worked for us that stole a laptop that had AutoCAD installed, so I had to call and get another one issued. So, the best answer would be to call your reseller and have them contact Autodesk for you and take care of it. And, I wouldn't know any reason to change a key..... just seems fishy.

Tnx Sir Remark.but im not into hacking just want some info because i have problem on several computer I have input wrong product key,Actually were using Suite version for this RAC.Sir Styface your so harsh to me and yet still remember me what I questioned before so cruel....

Once again I find myself suggesting that this type of problem should problem be handled through your authorized AutoDesk reseller. I forget, are you on Subscription? If so, you qualify for additional help.

How does one go about inputting the wrong product on several computers?

Hacking the Registry is a term used to describe manually editting the Registry via the Regedit command. Regedit can be invoked by clicking on Start > Run and then typing Regedit. Warnings:

1) Always make a copy of the Registry before attempting any edits.

2) A mistake in editting the Registry may result in a computer that refuses to boot up. Be careful with your edits and double-check everything.

Tnx Sir Remark.but im not into hacking just want some info because i have problem on several computer I have input wrong product key,Actually were using Suite version for this RAC.Sir Styface your so harsh to me and yet still remember me what I questioned before so cruel....

This forum is a community used for AutoCAD & Revit questions and answers, as well as a few other programs. Licensing issues need to be carried out with Autodesk. We are not Autodesk, so contact them (or your local reseller).

How to Edit the Registry by Mary Landesman of About.com.

1. Click Start
  2. Click Run
  3. Type REGEDIT
  4. Click OK
  5. The Registry Editor will now open
  6. Browse to the key containing the value you wish to modify. Click once to highlight the key.
  7. The values contained in the key will now appear in the right pane. Right-click the value you wish to modify.
  8. From the right-click menu, choose the action you wish to take: Modify; Modify Binary Data; Delete; or Rename.

Sounds easy enough. You just have to know the key you're looking for.

lol Stykface i hate you.Sir Remark tnx alot btw I know how to use registry but i dunno what are the files connected to RAC.I just thought you can give me idea about that,but as you say it does not cover of this forum.tnx alot.

If you know "how to use the Registry" then you know a "key" has to be editted. Once you find the correct key (left pane) then look to the right pane where it says Name...Type...Data. You'll have to edit the Data.

Is there any way to change the current product key of Revit 2010.

Contact Autodesk

i have problem on several computer I have input wrong product key

How could you input the wrong product key on several computers? :?

Why don't you reinstall and input the correct product key?

If that doesn't work, contact Autodesk.

lol Stykface i hate you.

Please keep opinions like this to yourself. We do not tolerate personal attacks on other members and will not allow this sort of behavior to continue.

I know how to use registry but i dunno what are the files connected to RAC.I just thought you can give me idea about that

I don't know why anyone would ever need to know this information unless they were trying to hack the program. If you're having trouble installing Revit, please contact Autodesk or your local reseller.

Well, he said he wants to know which files are connected to the RAC. That makes me think he's up to something. Maybe he's legit, but his requests seem a bit fishy.

Whatever the case, he should contact Autodesk, or his reseller, if he's having trouble activating the program. He could have this problem fixed with a quick phone call or email.

We told him basically the same thing with his last problem but I sense some reluctance on his part to do it. Now it may be there is no "authorized AutoDesk reseller" as the product was purchased outside of channels or something is not kosher. I'm sure you catch my drift.

If I had such serious problems I'd be in direct contact with AutoDesk.

We'll I'm not buying any of it. He's either (1) dealing with illegal copies or (2) wanting to try and figure out how to alter the license key which also is illegal. If I were a forum mod I would have locked this thread long ago with an answer stating to contact Autodesk. Problem solved.