Free Screen Saver Rendered in Terragen 9.43

Danny

Terrain is a digital elevation map of the Grand Cayon. I rendered it Terragen Classic, Strata was created using StrataGen Bitmaps and a few layers of procedual textures in Terragen. Just playing around. 1200 X 900 PIXELS

The 3rd Wonder.jpg

You can only import .hgt .dem .lwo and .ter files. If you are interested download the free Classic version from Planetside and shoot me your personal e-mail and I can give you a bunch of terrain .atm and .srf files that I have created of the past 2 years to mess around. Its a great little hobby to break up straight modeling.

I appreciate the offer! I was hoping for something that would allow me to create terrain models for my architectural renderings a little easier, but if I can't import dwg files then it probably won't be much use to me. If I change my mind, I'll definitely look you up. Thanks again!

Terrain generators World Machine, Terrabrush, Terramaker, Geocontrol. All open source software. You can export to a variaty of file types. FYI some of these programs are in German so a Translator will be needed . I use this one http://translation2.paralink.com/

Above Terrain creators are excatly what you need. Also google 3dem. Thats free ware that allows you to down load digital elevation data (.dem) from Hubble as well as .STRM mapping from the shuttle. All open source. Check out Geo- Community for downloads of .dems. I have tried for years to create realalistic surface mesh in AutoCad and Rhino for my renders, however theres nothing like the Real thing. Happy Rendering

http://www.geocomm.com/

• 1 month later...
Nice image, I played with terragen several years ago. Was always amazed with what it could do.

TG is a very cool program, With practice you can create some very realistic images. Here is a new image created from a digital elevation map of The Fishtail Mesa Area of AZ. Strata created in Stratagen 2. from 24 bit bitmaps. Some postwork in PH Cs3. If you or anyone else is interested you can download the free version of Terragen 9.43 I can post some of my files to get you going with lighting, surfacing and some terrains. Just ask.

When Night Falls.jpg

• 1 month later...

SuperCad: Thanks for the compliment. Heres a few more .

Loved this 1st terrain file so much I had to come back and work with it again. Some changes in the original render and in postwork.

2nd one is a Sci-Fi / Fantasy piece. TG 9 & Cs3

Return To Deep Canyon Cinamatic Crop rendo.jpg

Going Home Sign.jpg

• 2 months later...

It doesn't get much nicer, beautiful images.

Been at the Canyon many times, the images are wonderful.

It doesn't get much nicer, beautiful images.

Been at the Canyon many times, the images are wonderful.

Thanks Tankman, I'll buy you a cold one @ Bankers next time I'm there. :shock: Here's 2 more desert type scenes, terrains created in

World Machine & strata created in Stratagen post in Photoshop

Mesa Danny Gordon.jpg

Mounument.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Heres 2 more

1st one ~ terrain was created in World Machine by Rids @ Terranuts.com, rendered in TG 9 by yours truely, Kind of a prehistoric feel to it

2nd ~ World Machine terrain by me rendered in TG 9, tied for first place in a Terragen Mystic World Challenge @ Renderosity Digital Art

Post work in both images in Cs3 Levels, color adjustments, sharpening and the dragons were added

KRUK.jpg

mystic world entry.jpg

• 4 weeks later...