Illustrator's advice please

stephenward

Hi, I see alot of 'shakey hand drawn' looking drawings in architectural reviews, can someone advise me what software is likely to have been used?

Is it illustrator people are using/ photoshop?

See example...

http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/daily-news/first-look-sheppard-robson-to-design-hulme-campus-for-mmu/5211755.article

thanks

That example just looks like a hand drawn sketch that was probably scanned and colored in Photoshop. But, if you print your CAD drawing to .eps or .pdf and then open that up in Photoshop you can apply filters that will give it a hand drawn look.

does acad lt 2008 have visual styles?

No, visual styles are for 3D which LT does not have.

You might want to update your profile to indicate what version of Autocad you are running.

• 1 month later...

A easy and free way to do this since you have LT (there are free LISP routines for full AutoCAD that will work) is to download and install Google SketchUp. This is a 3D program that you can use it to dress up your 2D line work. In fact I would LT for the 2D line work and elevations and then us SU for 3D development. With a little work and testing you should be able to come up some good looking graphics. SU allows you apply Styles to make you drawings look hand drawn. Have a look and good luck :)

• 2 months later...

Im also using prefix now, but since not all prefixes have the same width, the forumdisplay looks messy. So I prefer to have the prefixes in a seperate column. But I have no idea how to do that. Can someone help me with it?