Help for a complete newbie

smp3728

I have done some searching via the forums, google, and yahoo but since I really don't know what I'm looking for my searches have gained me nothing. My company uses AutoCAD MEP 2010, in which I have drawn our latest air conditioning project. Now that I am done I am on to plotting, the whole project won't fit on one sheet with the scale I would like to use, my issue comes in with match lines, I can't seem to get it to auto split my drawing onto two sheets. I know I can draw a line and use multiple view ports/layouts, but I was hoping there was some way to "auto nest" my drawing to sheets?

I do apologize for being so naive, and if this truly is covered somewhere on the forums again I am sorry. Thank you so much for your time and any help, it is greatly appreciated.

That's the way we still do it, the good 'ol fashioned Viewports/Layouts. You can start getting into Projects and the Sheet Set Manager for some much better efficiency with plotting and layouts but at a huge cost of actually learning and using the Project Navigator and Sheet Set Manager. Sometimes it's just better to do things the old way IMHO. :)

From time to time I email *.dwg files to my local drafting supply.

They print large drawings very inexpensively, a 24 x 36 usually only cost me a few bucks. Handy enough.

Service is usually same day, they call when your prints are ready to pickup.