Big Black Box; not lineweight?

CadBrat

howdy. i'm trying to draw solar panel arrays-- 1st in 2D, then DDCHPROP & DDMODIFY like the Basic 3D tutorial shows. I have my old rectangular array (1" between panels) from another dwg. when i attempt to draw a rectangle around them, 1" wider than the array on each side, i choose Rectangle--> D for Dimensions and type in my length & width which come in correctly. however, my new rectangle appears humungous & it looks like the lineweight is way too big. But when i check the properties of this new rectangle, my lineweight (now .05m by layer) looks reasonable. what am i missing here? aaauuuurrrrgh. sorry. thanx very much.

lineweight1.jpg

The pline width show as 559.8 or so, that sounds too wide. I think you can set the width with plinewidth, don't have autocad open to try. Or start the pline command, set the width to zero, then go back to rectangle command.

oh, of course. thanx much. i Thought i was missing something obvious & i was (i was thinking that pline width was rectangle width. duh.) but now i also see that i can offset rectangles just like circles & lines-- so that turns out to be a better way to do this. much appreciated. - Michael