AutoCAD 2000

happyjack87

In AutoCAD 2000 I can't remember if you can double-click on text, blocks, etc and be able to edit the object. From what I can see both of my computers do not allow it to be done, do I have something turned off or is that just the way 2000 works? Thanks for you help in advanced.

In AutoCAD 2000 I can't remember if you can double-click on text, blocks, etc and be able to edit the object. From what I can see both of my computers do not allow it to be done, do I have something turned off or is that just the way 2000 works? Thanks for you help in advanced.

Hi, I think the command you want is only available from 204 upwards. You are going to have to highlight then right click and edit text etc.

Please someone correct me if i am wrong.:)

Type at the command line DBLCLKEDIT

If it is available, then you will get to choose ON or OFF. If nothing happens then you haven't got the double click edit feature. Acad 2002 does have it :)

I was searching around last night and found that command but it didn't work. I used to think that I could double click text as well, but now I get nothing. Just slows down production a little.