Pointer Trails problem

Guest de1229

• 4 months later...

yeh just had a quick look on the net and found this about mouse trails.

Go to the "Start" button and select the "Settings" side pull and the click on the "Control Panel".

Once the window comes up, double click on the "Mouse" icon or word. This will bring up the window which allows customization to the mouse settings.

Select the "Pointers" tab.

There are two settings on this dialog box that need to be set: (1) The "Enable pointer shadow" needs to be unchecked (or turned off) and (2) the "Scheme" should be set to "(None)". There may be other schemes that will work, but I know the ones like the "3D- Bronze" will not.

Select "Ok" or "Apply" to make the settings active and the problems should be gone. NOTE: You will need to restart

• 5 years later...

I experienced this issue a while back and it was frustrating...! Later I found out the problem: While in the paperspace, I must have accidentally double-clicked a viewport, which put me into the "Model" view from the "Layout" screen and I never realized it. Normally there's nothing wrong with doing this but on rare occasions (and I think this only applies to drawings created in AutoCAD 2000LT) I've experienced 2 different computers that created these "mousetrails" and wouldn't allow any other CAD functions.

All I had to do to fix the problem was click the "PAPER" tab on the bottom of the screen to bring it back to the "Layout" view, then zoom out to fit the drawing on the screen, and continue from there.