Blocks with text

spur

Hi,

Please help. We have read the various threads and are still lost.

We would like to use single blocks that we can mirror with text and not have the text change and go back to front becoming unreadable.

On reading some threads it seems to suggest using blocks which contain attributes.

We have tried to install these in block editior through the tag icon and follow the dialog box. When closing the block editior we save the changes. On inserting the block on a new drawing we are not getting the attribute dialog box, just the edit block definition dialog box which seems to suggest the attribute has not been set up on the block.

Using MEP2008.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spur

• neekcotrack

• dbroada

• chulse

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dbroada,

We have tried this and still get the same problem.

For some reason the attributes are not being held when we close the drawing.

We have now found if we insert into the drawing from where we created the block the attributes are held.

If a new drawing is started and we insert the block the attributes are missing as described above.

Why would you want to mirror a block with text in it?

Here is a test block that I have you can mirror and the text still stays the same, but make sure your Mirrtext is set to 0. Hope everything works for you.

Hi neekcotrack,

Thanks for this.

This is the result that we are looking for.

As we have said we seem to be unable to save a block with the added attributes when we come out of block editor as described above.

Hi neekcotrack,

Thanks for this.

This is the result that we are looking for.

As we have said we seem to be unable to save a block with the added attributes when we come out of block editor as described above.

I dont make mine in block editor I make mine in a fresh dwg and then wblock it to where I want. I make sure it is 1:1 so it will scale it to my dimscale.

Post your block and I can look at it see what I can come up with.

do you ATTSYNC the block after you have redefined it?

I did not on the block that I attached above.

Warning: ATTSYNC removes any format or property changes made with the ATTEDIT or EATTEDIT commands. It also deletes any extended data associated with the block, and might affect dynamic blocks and blocks created by third-party applications.

I did not on the block that I attached above.

sorry, that was a suggestion to the OP. You only need to ATTSYNC if you redefine a block with attributes and that block already exists in the drawing. I don't think it is appropriate here but it is another route to look at.

very usefull. You can add or move attributes when you redefine a block but they only become redefined on newly inserted blocks. If you ATTSYNC your block all existing instances also update.

very usefull. You can add or move attributes when you redefine a block but they only become redefined on newly inserted blocks. If you ATTSYNC your block all existing instances also update.

That can very very useful. Thanks

neekcotrack,

here is the block we are working on.

Thanks for your help.

All the text that is white in that block is just mtext. Are you trying to get it to be atrribute text?

The white text see below.

Here is the block I fixed it to work. I tested it and now it works. All I have to do is make the text into attribute text. Let me know how it works out.

If you need to change it any, just insert the block into any drawing and type battman on the command line and you can change the attributes real easy. Then when done just regen. Good luck.

Hi neekcotrack,

This is what we have been trying to do for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you give us the steps you used to get this done?????

1. Open the block you give me.

2. Go to Draw > Block > Attribute Definition

Mode - Make sure Verify and Present is checked.

Attribute:

Tag - Text

Prompt - Text Description

Text Settings

Justification - Middle/Center either or.

3. For Text style, Text Height, and Rotation you can do anything you like.

4. Hit Ok and place the text where you like it.

Note:

1. Once you are done just save and insert and you should be fine.

2. After you have placed the text you can edit it throught the properties and it wont effect it.

3. After you have placed the text you can copy the text and edit and it won't effect it.