Scaling multiline text changes relative width

Vigilante

I didn't know how to title this, but here is the story.

I have one DWG with some random 1 scale stuff, details, schedules and such. I copy these and scale them up to whatever sheet I need them on.

I have a schedule that you can picture as a spreadsheet, columns and rows. In some columns I use multiline text but the rest is usually single text.

Anyway, if I copy this grid to another sheet and scale it to, say 48 (1/4 scale), the multiline text no longer fits in it's cell. Not that the multiline boundaries are beyond the cell, but the text seems bigger some how, so that it automatically created a new line and thus expanded beyond its cell.

I don't know why it no longer fits. Here is the odd thing, on the SAME drawing as the grid, I can scale it right there, and it doesn't do this. It's only when I copy it to another sheet and scale it when it goes past its bounds. Refer to screen shots, the one that fits is when it's scaled on the same sheet where it's created. The one that doesn't fit, is what it's like when copied to another sheet. Both were scaled from 1 to 48 the same way. And the properties dialog box of the text read identical.

I use the ruler to measure the grid itself, and it's the same on both sheets as well. It's just that the text doesn't fit any more, and it looks the same to me.

How come the text won't fit after scaling on another sheet, but it does on the original sheet?

Thanks

scale.JPG

check width factor for the text style you are using for multiline under format> text style menu. if the widht factor is not same in both drawings this problem occurs.