Construction Line Issues

Flyboy69

First of all, I realise most people don't use the construction line command now, but I just can't stop myself from using it.

I'm using Autocad 2009 and if I am using a construction on a small object eg. 200mm square, it is very jerky when rotating the line around, almost like it can't keep up while moving it. The other issue is if I try to click onto a block with a construction line, it won't do it or jump all over the place. It PC is more than capable for handling 2009.

Any ideas, if its graphics related or program related or how to fix it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Justin.

why use construction line lol?

use normal line, um try "regen", and "purge" if they dont work, must be a graphics problem with your computer (aka not big enough)

I use Xline and Ray all the time.

I tried xline with a small block and didn't see what you are seeing, so I can't offer any suggestions.

The only thing that comes to mind is if you have snap set on and you are zoomed in then you would see that jumping you are talking about.

The only thing that comes to mind is if you have snap set on and you are zoomed in then you would see that jumping you are talking about.
My first thoughts too

With snap on or off it still does it, and neither regen or purge help.

Also it definitely not the pc specs, as I can use prosteel and autocad in 3D without a issue.

I have also tried deleting and reinstalling autocad with no luck either.