Creating A4, A3 & A1 title blocks

kev4791

Hi,

I want to create a set of custom drawing title block for my company in the various standard sizes.

How???

Do I just draw up various templates to suit the paper size, attribute the text values etc etc.

Is this done in MS or PS?

Do I just draw up various templates to suit the paper size, attribute the text values etc etc.

Is this done in MS or PS?

Pretty much. I have one title block for A0/A1/A2 and one for A3/A4, the same layout but different size on certain things.

Depends on how you're gonne do it. If you are going to start a drawing and then insert the title block, then do the title block in MS and save it as a block

If you are going to select a template with a titleblock already in the template, then do it in PS and save it as a template (.dwt).

Thanks, pretty much as I thought. However, I have already created an A3 title block and created attributes for the headings etc but when saved and inserted into new drawing the attributes disappear.

Any thoughts of what I have donw wrong???

ps I am using LT2008 not 2010 as indicated.

Thanks, pretty much as I thought. However, I have already created an A3 title block and created attributes for the headings etc but when saved and inserted into new drawing the attributes disappear.

Any thoughts of what I have donw wrong???

ps I am using LT2008 not 2010 as indicated.

I am not that clued in on attributes, but are they actually missing or just not displayed? If you double-click the block, is there something to edit there?

Plenty o people here that know loads about attributes, hope somoene comes around to help you.

If you create a bock with Att', when selecting your objects for the block pick the att's first, then the rest of the objects

The order you pick them in is the order you will be prompted to enter details for

attsync if they are in the wrong place.

you double click on the block that they are part of. If you don't have any visible object to select I don't think you can. That is why ours are part of a border. Alternatively you can put a dot or question mark as their default.

Thanks Dave,

I redid my title blocks and put in default values 'xx' or similar but they are also part of the drawing border, so hopefully no problems.:D

you double click on the block that they are part of. If you don't have any visible object to select I don't think you can. That is why ours are part of a border. Alternatively you can put a dot or question mark as their default.

Hi Dave,

Do you know why after I have created my title blocks and started using them that my file sizes have jumped significantly. It looks like each template i.e. A4 and A3 takes up about 4MB.?? Have I done something drastically wrong:cry:

type audit, when prompted, fix any errors.

tupe purge, tick the box for purge nested items, purge all - yes to all.

this should cut your file size down a little. save your rawing and then try another audit - on a corrupt drawing another audit would show additional errors

Xrefs don't change the file size........do they?...

type xopen and select the Xref - purge & audit that one, might help you a little