is there a "thanks" button?

cbs-cad

have seen it on plenty of other sites, and don't just want to bump my post count by saying "thanks" on some old threads, etc.

but is there a thanks button or is it not available to us mere noobs?? lol

We come here to change information, to learn and to help. The increment of the post count is just a side effect.

See, I just added one more to my count! :)

• 4 months later...

MAYBE THIS IS THE SAME SUBJECT - BUT IS THERE A WAY OF THE ORIGINAL POSTER (sorry - caps) being able to say that the problem has been solved - as is looking at the threads in a forum you can see who thought they got a satisfactory answer?

think this would be useful if not already possible.

I always reply in the thread to say that the problem has been fixed or that a proposal didn't help. That way nobody has any doubt. If there are further comments after a solution I don't necessarily continue.

You have touched on a pet hate of mine though. I don't like people who DON'T comment about profered solutions. You are then left wondering if your advice was wrong or just didn't get read, AND it means somebody else with the same problem has to do the experimenting.

yeah so it would be great for both the questioners and experts alike to get a definitive "problem solved" icon on the thread. this wouldn't stop any discussion continuing. i'd recommend that only the original poster could say if their question was solved, though.

thanks for the feedback to my proffered solution dave! haha