Top Posters In This Topic

• DEBRA

• SLW210

• Mr T

• envisioncad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest robfowler

I don't know Microstation's capabilities but if it can import DXF files then you could do a "Save As" out of AutoCAD in DXF format and then import it into Microstation.

Rob.

Guest robfowler

That post is a brilliant link and the mirror material works great.

It's sure to get the AH kids some brownie points!

Thanks again for the link.

Rob.

• 7 years later...
Intellicad.dwg

Well even though it is a .dwg file if it is an intellicad .dwg i am not sure if it will open in Microstation. You might see if someone can open it in AutoCAD then save it.

Thank you

So it sounds like I would be better off just when I ask for cad files I specify DGN format. But when I ask do I need to request that reference file be attached or is that only apply to Auto cad .DWG files?

AutoCAD can export to V8 and V7 DGN, if they are using Intellicad I have know idea what to tell you. You might try using .dxf, pretty sure Microstation can use that.

Debra, the version of MicroStation you are using XM 08.09.04.51 supports DXF and DWG 11-2008. The dwg file might be 2009 or later. MicroStation can reference DWG files but if you are having difficulty opening them you will have a problem referencing them.

MS-XM_DWGversion.png

HTH,

Bob Mecham

• 3 months later...

I convert a lot of AutoCAD drawings to Microstation V8 or higher (if that is the version you are trying to use) and i always open the drawing in AutoCAD and save it out as AutoCAD 2000/LT2000 DWF (*.dxf) file, then I open Microstation and reference that .dwf file in, then I merge the .dwf into Microstation. After that it should be a microstation file, you might have to scale the file a little but it works great (usually have to scale by a factor of 12)