Puting together two (or more) surfaces

Mark_CV3D

I´m new at using civil 3d and I was wondering if anyone here knows how to put together two surfaces into one surface, where the two surfaces overlap each other at some places.

I want the surface with the highest z-coordinate to be the one that is going to be added to the new surface in the overlaping areas.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english:geek:

First, you should copy the surface into which the other is going to be pasted. In your prospector, go to Surfaces>Surface in which you will paste the other>Expand Definition>Right Click on Edits>Paste Surface>Select surface to paste.

When creating new combined surfaces its a good idea to create a new surface and then use the paste option to create that surface this way you do not destroy the original.

Re your question if your two surfaces have points bewteen that are high and low if you were to merge ie always add the higher then I dont think merging surafce will work as a paste removes portions of a surface and replaces it, does not I think have the ability to compare and adopt the higher.

But there may be a way you would need to compare the two surfaces to each other based on the mesh and create points at every mesh vertice then compare every common vertice point and adopt higher for a new mesh.

Ps do you like spagetti thats what meshes look like when they dont work.

haha, okay. I see.. Earlier I´ve used Geo Proffesional for merging surfaces overlaping each other.. looks like I´m gonna have to continue that way..