• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spittle

• Cad64

• Dorian

• mynmonic

• 2 weeks later...

This is potentially great, however it kind of sucks cause it doesn't work on a 64bit OS. Apparently because Quicktime is a 32bit app. You can work around it if you have Max on a 32bit system (i.e. render with 64bit OS then plug map into Env on your 32bit Max and re-render) but it's a pain and some people won't have that luxury.

This is potentially great, however it kind of sucks cause it doesn't work on a 64bit OS. Apparently because Quicktime is a 32bit app.

That used to be true, but the latest version of Quicktime 7 is 64 bit compatible. I have it loaded on my work computer and my home computer and the panorama exporter works fine.

I've installed the free Quicktime 7.6.5 and it still doesn't work... Any ideas? did yours work straight away? It still says Cube2QTVR not found.

I'm using XP64

I've installed the free Quicktime 7.6.5 and it still doesn't work... Any ideas? did yours work straight away? It still says Cube2QTVR not found.

I'm using XP64

:? Hmmmm, I'm getting the same error when I try to export. I just did a panorama about 6 months ago and I could have sworn I did it on my 64 bit machine. I must have done it on one of the 32 bit machines? :unsure:

You would think that Autodesk would write their own exporter since Quicktime doesn't want to cooperate. Why give us the option to export if it doesn't work? :roll:

Oh well, sorry I got your hopes up. :P

Bummer - you did get my hopes up! :)

You got time to look at a file? - on your 64 bit system? No one else has 64bit here and I need to get to the bottom of the problem.

So far best solution is to create QT file in 32 bit Max and play on 32 bit system, or perhaps buy Quicktime (or which ever the panoramic software is) and create your panorama from the rendered sphere. Think it's about 50 Euros.

You got time to look at a file?

You didn't provide a link to the file? You can PM me or send me an email with the link if you don't want to post it here in the forum. I can take a look, but not until later tonight, when I get home.

To be honest, I only average about one panorama per year. So it's not a big deal to go use one of the 32 bit machines. I found this program on another forum. It's a bit pricey, but if you do these all the time, it might be worth a look.

If you're all on 32 bit machines, why do you need 64 bit compatibility? Are you looking to upgrade? Why not just keep one 32 bit machine for creating panoramas?

Thanks Cad64 for taking a look.

Update - it appears that even when produced on 32bit machine, a 64 bit machine won't play the file.

• 4 weeks later...

Deval VR is the way to go I beleive - as suggested to me on CG Forum.

It's irrelevant whether you're on 32 or 64bit OS and it gives you a nice tidy exe file independant from any media player. Performs better than Quicktime too.

Thanks for the info. I will definitely have to check that out.

Now the only problem is that I will have to send a link to the download and instructions on how to install it to anyone I send a panorama to. This has proven to be a big pain in the neck in the past because everybody plays dumb and acts like they've never installed a piece of software before. :roll:

It's all self contained, double click the exe file and it opens straight away, no need to download anything - apart from the file of course, just sometimes need to change file entension to .doc or similar temporarily to get past e-mail security. A 4096 wide panorama is around 5-6MB.

Software is about 25 Euros!

• 1 month later...

Did anyone figured out how to solve this?

I was really hoping to make a 360 view of an interior, and wasted some time in rendering the damn thing, in the end to see that i can't export it.

Deval VR is the way to go, you just save a spherical image from Max's panorama exporter as a JPEG, tiff or similar.

In Deval VR you can add logos with an alpha mask, various interfaces and other fancy stuff making this a better solution than what ships with Max.

You need to write a script with the deval VR forum is helpfull.