Dashed Hidden Lines in Viewports

Snowman

I am using MEP 2008.

I have a 3 dimensional model using solids in model space.

I want a plan view of this model in a view port in paper space with dashed hidden lines.

I have tried to achieve this by using Visual Styles, but the closest I have come is dashed hidden lines that change their scale when you zoom in and out.

Visual_Style_Settings_1.jpg

Is there a way to assign a normal linetype to hidden lines in order to get these lines to be consistent?

Good idea… I remember working with those commands before and will consider them as a last resort.

I was under the impression visual styles were the fix to the way SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW handled the problem. I have never liked the idea of faking hidden lines by drawing over solids with 2D line work.

I use to work with a product in the 80’s that did what I’m looking for. You simply set your view to the “style” you wanted (Hidden Lines, Hide, No Hide etc…) and the line fonts where whatever the default sizes were.

The idea of scaling the line font to the zoom factor is nice in model space but has no use in paper space especially when it comes to plotting.

So are you saying that using SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW is not waht your after???

The idea of scaling the line font to the zoom factor is nice in model space but has no use in paper space especially when it comes to plotting.

What exactly do you mean by this?

When you use Visual Styles as I have shown in my 1st. post in a paper space view. You get dashed hidden lines.

Soild_Visual_Style_Zoom_In.jpg

However, if you zoom the scale of the dashes in the view port change in relation to the other paper space line fonts. Here I have zoomed in, notice the differance in the number of dashes and their size compaired to the first image.

Soild_Visual_Style_Zoom_Out.jpg

The only difference between these two images is the command Zoom Window…

(Note: After looking at these two images anyone else notice that the dashes on the circle are the same size in both images: but, the dashes on the square are different sizes? Or am I hallucinating?)

As you can see, the dashes get larger when you zoom out and smaller when you zoom in. This effect also happens when I try to plot.

The size of the dashes of the hidden lines depends on the zoom factor at the time of the plot.

So would LTS and PSLTSCALE not fix this??? I dont believe I have ever yused visual styles before, so Im a bit confused

Yea that was my first thought as well. I tried all kinds of values with LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE but those variables do not affect visual styles.

I'm beginning to believe that the "Dashed" option used in the visual styles dialog box has nothing to do with line types.