Title Block

Mr Smith 33

Im just getting started using Revit 2010. Previous version i was running was AutoCad Architectural Desktop 2006. I may i add that Revit is COMPLTEY different! So i need som help getting started. 1st off I want to creat a template to start new drawings with. In doing so im trying to set up a Title block. Sizes we use here are 24X36 and 30X42. I have a sheet set up that i made but when printing and selecting the 30X42 sheet in print setup, when it prints its not using the whole page. i have like 2" area all around border from edge of paper. i can get it to print the whole sheet. but in the editor for that sheet its saying its 30X42. please help. thanks so much guys!

Im just getting started using Revit 2010. Previous version i was running was AutoCad Architectural Desktop 2006. I may i add that Revit is COMPLTEY different! So i need som help getting started. 1st off I want to creat a template to start new drawings with. In doing so im trying to set up a Title block. Sizes we use here are 24X36 and 30X42. I have a sheet set up that i made but when printing and selecting the 30X42 sheet in print setup, when it prints its not using the whole page. i have like 2" area all around border from edge of paper. i can get it to print the whole sheet. but in the editor for that sheet its saying its 30X42. please help. thanks so much guys!

Sounds like you are not printing it 1:1 scale. How did you make your TB, from scratch or did you import a DWG file and copy the linework?

U used one that revit had on there listed as E1 30X42 and then modified it.

In the Print dialog box, click the Setup button in the bottom right, then under Zoom make sure it's set to 100% and not "Fit to Page". See if that works for you.

#1 recommendation: 100% DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use Revit with an "AutoCAD" mind. Forget that you even know how AutoCAD operates when you click the little magic Revit icon. They are not the same, they are not similar, they are in no way connected.

As soon as you get this through your head, you will actually begin to learn and use Revit. Go to Program Files > AutoDesk > [Revit] and you will see some tutorials and animation files. They are *.CHM filetypes. Also you can get on Autodesk.com and download tutorials and the associated files. It takes awhile to get the concept but it's actually a pretty neat program once you get the hang of it.

how do i turn off the lineweights when i in floor plan view. my outter and inner lines are real bold and thick. and also my columns. like a black blob.

how do i turn off the lineweights when i in floor plan view. my outter and inner lines are real bold and thick. and also my columns. like a black blob.

So this is a thread that's gonna continue with all your newb Revit questions, huh? lol

Bottom left of your screen you have two icons next to the scale selector; Detail Level & Model Graphics Style. Adjust these for better visual experience. For further control, type VG and in the Visibility/Graphics Overrides click the Object Styles button at the bottom. This will give you your lineweight control. 8)