A little Help Here , Please ?

TYGA

Sounds like your cousin is toying with you and having a bit of fun at your expense. Plus I bet he needs $50 for something and knew this would be an easy win for him.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TYGA

• ReMark

• Cad64

• bbankston

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ReMark, If you aren't just yanking his chain - THAT'S FUNNY! (Well, it's funny either way.) You should post the missing dimensions just so our new friend has a chance of winning his bet.

Glen

I have the book with the original drawing in it. :lol:

so it's from a book huh! , well can you give me the name of the book , it's sound like he's going to get all of his ideas from it.

well some of you'll guys think that i posted this thread in order to win a bet or .....etc.

but actually i posted it to get the maximum benefit from your different ideas , because that's what education about. so if took some benefits from it why can't the other junior members or the new Auto-CAD Students benefit from threads like this one right here ?!!!

well some of you'll guys think that i posted this thread in order to win a bet or .....etc.

Erm- we think that because that's what you told us:

it's a challenge between me and my cousin , he have a lot of Auto-CAD experience , so he Challenged me on 50$ that i can't do it within 2 weeks , lool I'm just WORRIED about MY MONEY here,

I can't speak for anyone else, but you now have a credibility problem with me.

but actually i posted it to get the maximum benefit from your different ideas , because that's what education about. so if took some benefits from it why can't the other junior members or the new Auto-CAD Students benefit from threads like this one right here ?!!!

This is a great place to LEARN. We get people coming in here every few weeks looking for a place to CHEAT. Post specific questions about where you have problems and someone will be along shortly to help you out. But you need to do some leg work on your own. Not knowing the FILLET command is one thing, not being smart enough to use the help function once you were told is another.

Good luck to you.

Glen

Erm- we think that because that's what you told us:

I can't speak for anyone else, but you now have a credibility problem with me.

This is a great place to LEARN. We get people coming in here every few weeks looking for a place to CHEAT. Post specific questions about where you have problems and someone will be along shortly to help you out. But you need to do some leg work on your own. Not knowing the FILLET command is one thing, not being smart enough to use the help function once you were told is another.

Good luck to you.

Glen

well it's my bad if you didn't understand a joke ( lool I'm just WORRIED about MY MONEY here ) , My bad if didn't know the fillet command , my bad if i didn't know how to start , my bad if I'm trying to learn a Program ( Auto-CAD ) and my bad because i asked for help , plus i didn't ask for it's whole solution i asked for hints, for example you know how to draw a part of it then say ( we can use this command ........... to draw that point ) I didn't ask for solution , or you think that I'm crazy to wait for solution. Well my friend you are not the only one who know the rules. you said with your self ( you need to do some leg work on your own ) well i tried not once not twice but as much as you can count and the reasult = NO THING , that why i posted it ( TO GET IDEAS NOT SOLUTIONS ) , and from here i wanna thank ReMark because it seem he's the only one that understands what I'm saying ( because he gave me a hint , Not a Lesson in Morals i all ready KNOW ). Thanks

Let's step back from the edge of the abyss for a minute OK guys. There's no need to get all fired up.

What other hints are you looking for here TYGA? Why not list them, please.

If your cousin did give you the drawing then just call him and say "Dude, you left out some of the dimensions. What are they?" In all fairness, if he has them then he should give them to you. For me to do it wouldn't be right.

I'm sure I am not the only one here still willing to assist you if that's what you want. But from now on just be straight-forward with us and we promise likewise. Are you OK with that?

I was coming on to help but I see you've got everything covered, ReMark.

TYGA,

You're missing the dimensions of the radii at the ends of both legs and you don't have a width/height for those legs. It's pretty straightforward to draw.

Of course you could always find out what the missing dimensions are by printing the drawing out and measure it.

TYGA,

That took me a minute. I guessed at the widths/heights of the legs and their radius-ed corners but visually it looks pretty much spot-on.

The only trouble I ran across was the location of the center circle but then I realized that it's at the same position as the 110 dia. circle (it fillets your outer lines).

AutoCAD LT - [Drawing19.dwg].jpg

hay everyone , sorry i was very busy last week and couldn't reply at all but now i'm here , and for what you said ReMark ..... it's OK with me I'll be straight with you guy's and sorry about everything .

You're drawing is incorrect, TYGA. Take a look at the outer dimensions for your drawing and the drawing you provided on page 1 of this thread.

You're drawing is incorrect, TYGA. Take a look at the outer dimensions for your drawing and the drawing you provided on page 1 of this thread.

well bbankston , i divided all of the dimensions by 10 to reduce the space of the drawing , 100 and something is very big ......... right ? , any way thanks for help man , you rock .

If you are satisfied with your drawing then so be it. I've never seen a "solved" check box for a thread. But the drawing that you posted has at least one error in it that bbankston pointed out. You have the 140 now 14 dimension going from the end of the radius to the corner. The original drawing shows that dimension from the intersection of the (2) 140 unit lines.

As for changing the scale, this is not a good habit to get into. Always draw at 1:1 in model space. AutoCAD does not care, and the file size is the same whether it is in millimeters or light years. Scale is taken care of when you move to paperspace.

Glen

hey guys , how can i mark this thread as ( Solved ) ??. Any Ideas!!?

There is no need to mark a thread as "Solved" here at CADTutor. All questions get answered around here.

Well . . . . almost all of them. :)

.. i divided all of the dimensions by 10 to reduce the space of the drawing , 100 and something is very big ......... right ?

Ask more questions about this - what you did is considered to be about the worst offence (maybe second to explode) in CAD and completely unnecessary.

TYGA: Looks like you did not follow the number one rule: draw FULL size in model space. Go sit in the corner and contemplate your transgression. Then get up and write the following 100 times:

I will not divide all dimensions by 10 to reduce the space (size) of the drawing.