Changing dimension properties

rthomas333

I am using AutoCAD 2000. I want to leave the dimensions as they are in one view of the model and change to a different size in another view. Can I do this in model view or do I have to learn to use (shudder) layouts?

You might want to change your profile. It says you're using Autocad 7?

You will find that once you get to grips with the concept of using layouts, you will wonder how you ever got along without them.

"You will find that once you get to grips with the concept of using layouts, you will wonder how you ever got along without them"

Yep, Layout and Multi View works miracles ^_^

But dont get me wrong, its only for placing specs, labels, TB, etc. Model space is still model space, where by all means your model drawing is placed.

I seem to remember a thread once where a company draws everything in layout space, :shock: , big NO in using layouts.

if you really, really, really want to do it all in modelspace (can't see why really, as you're not doing electrical schematics if you've got dimensions on them), then plonk your first set of dimensions on a layer named something like 'dimensions 1' and your second set on another similar layer, then you can switch the layers on and off accordingly

Now go look for a viewports tutorial and find out how nice they are :)