Alternate Units

SASmith1967

AutoCAD 2000i

Does anyone know how to change the brackets around Alt units to parentheses while still keeping dimensions associative?:(

I've always used the square brackets for Alt units, see my attachment at this thread.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44875&highlight=alternate

Is there a particualr reason for using parentheses instead?

I would have thought it should be possible in the Dimstyle setup.

I'll go and fire up 2000i when I get a minute (may be an hour or so) and try it.

Hmm; from a quick look it seems not in 2000i.

The help says that they are in square brackets and there does not seem to be an option to change that.

I haven't tried it but defining a new font with the ascii codes 91 & 93 (decimal) redefined as parenthises not square, and then using that style for the dimensions may work?

Reason for: Company policy and too many drawings to change. Parentheses around Alt units was accomplish by using non associative dimensioning. I want to use associative dimensions if posible.

Sorry if its negative but I would tell them "Thats they way the programme does it, you cant change it easily, It will take time and MONEY to change all the drawings and will give drawing problems in the future that will take time and cost more MONEY".

Once you start using the "M"-word the 'managers' who dont have to do the job themselves start to rethink what they actually need.

Point out that changing or relaxing the "Company policy" will save them MONEY.