viewport problem? preview/print doesn't use CTB

cadquestions

I"ll try to descibe the problem as best I can. Simply: plot preview and plots do not see or usethe CTB file and therefore give the geometry in their layer colors. The lines appears in their yellow, red, white colors typical of model space. But this doesn't happen with all viewports in this particular file. It only happens with viewports that I 1) created or 2) copied over from an existing page layout. I am using mulitple page layouts on a single Layout tab. What makes the problem strange is that it is only one partiular file that behaves this way. All other files and viewports behave normally.

I have tried copying the geometry into a new file, but eventually I end up copying in some part of the geometry or some characteristic of the file that is causing the problem and I'm back in the same situation.

A few other notes: the problem started when I imported something from another drawing. Also I have noticed several viewports overlaying each other, but deleting them or trying to manage the viewport characteristics (display viewport objects) doesn't seem to do the trick.

Thanks for you input, feel free to ask questions.