title block

dazman2u1953

can anyone tell me how i can;

1 - enter information into the attributes of an inventor title block.

2 - edit an inventor title block to include our company information.

3 - re-design the inventor title block.

would you need to edit each sheet size with your company details or would they change automatically?

also, if you edit or re-design the title block will the date still change and can you set the drawing number to change as well, or do you need to change it manually?

I actually had a much better tutorial, but I cannot remember where it was.

I am about 85% positive it was in the inventor help menu under title block definitions or something similar to that title. I don't use inventor any more.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

thanks again steve. i'm still going through the first tutorial and if that doesn't work, i'll try the last one you suggested.

can anyone tell me how i can;

1 - enter information into the attributes of an inventor title block.

2 - edit an inventor title block to include our company information.

3 - re-design the inventor title block.

would you need to edit each sheet size with your company details or would they change automatically?

also, if you edit or re-design the title block will the date still change and can you set the drawing number to change as well, or do you need to change it manually?

Dazman, When you are in an idw file in your feature dree there should be a folder named Drawing Resources. If you expand this you will see some standard format sizes. Do you typically make custom sizes or are these the ones you use?

At any rate under Sheet:1(or whatever sheet number you are on) you can expand this(ansi-large is the one i have open) and right click on Field Text. This brings up a property field window. All of these properties are linked to your iProperties or other data. Author, approved by, dates, part numbers and titles are all properties that are edited through iProperties. With this window open you can get to iProperties. If your company fills in this information, it will automatically populate. If you wish to make your own title block you can right click on the title block name(ansi - large in this case) and edit its definition. You will notice once you go into edit mode that this is just a sketch. You may also notice if you click on something like and format text that you have a type box(properties - Drawing) and a Propery box(Company). There is a drop down box under Property where you can link to many premade values that look up iProperties. I have never had to create a custom property in Inventor but im sure its possible.

Once you edit the title block to your liking you can right click on Edit Title Block in the feature tree and save it. To tell you the truth im not sure about resizing it. I wouldnt think you would resize the title block.

When you get into creating title blocks make sure you name them something descriptive and dont save over the standard title blocks.

yeah, thanks shift1313 but i've battled with the first reply i received and finally got it finished.

one more question though.

if you can't double click the titleblock to change the attributes (as in autocad) how do you change them?

do you have to edit them from the model tool bar each time?

Well as i said they are linked to iProperties. You can right click and open iProperties, or do it from the model tree to change things. If you create a title block that has open cells you can add test from the annotation tab(just laying it over) as a last resort. Typically though it would be setup so that it auto-populates from info you already have saved. Is there a specific cell you were thinking about?

Right click on the title block in the browser tree and select "edit field text"

You cant edit field text that is linked to properties. The field text window shows you the properties, but you must edit these through iProperties. If he creates a custom title block or custom fields that arent linked to properties they can be edited in the field text box.

I try not to use iproperties myself, doesnt work with my flow. If i have people drawing parts and not filling in the iproperties then once it gets to me to do the 2d drawings im left to fill it in for no reason, so i just use input fields in the title block.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a question as far as changing the title block...

Is it possible to add your company logo to an Inventor 2009 .idw title block?

If so, how would you go about it? And, once the logo has been added, do you have to repeat this process every time you bring up another .idw?

Hi Dazman, I found this, hope it shed some light

http://www.sdotson.com/freetut/basic%20titleblock%20creation.pdf

I just finished reading the sdotson article.

Very interesting data. At the end, the author does state that inserting an image (company logo, etc.) sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't work.

I guess I'll just have to give it a try to see what happens.