Global illumination

Jimbo

Hello good people,,,this is my first post

I am beginning my career in max at the prime age of 61. At present i am modelling some houses for a client. The model is at texturing stage. Upon opening the model this time and attempting to render...i am getting an alert that says " there are no global illumination generators or recievers" hence no render. In the "indirect illumination" tab of the Render scene dia box the Geometry properties is ticked. this driving me nuts. Up until now the file has acted as normal....help please :)

In order to use Global Illumination, the objects in your scene must be able to generate and receive Global Illumination. Click on an object in your scene to select it and then right click and choose Object Properties from the Quad menu. When the Object Properties dialog opens, click on the Mental Ray tab and make sure that "Generate Global Illumination" and "Receive Global Illumination" are both checked. You may need to do this for all objects in your scene that you want to generate and receive GI.

Thankyou for your prompt reply. Only a few minutes ago i noticed i has the render pop down set to "selected". pretty dumb of me. but i guess that's the growing pains. As soon as i changed this to "blowup " or similar the problem fixed itself. Cheers again...i will be back