Section Plane Problem

JBullseye74

Ok i've got this 3d model with a section plane on it.

Now i want to show this model in 2 viewports - in one viewport i want the full model to be displayed without the section plane & on the 2nd viewport i want the model with the section plane indicated on it.

I've gone down the normal route and tried freezing the section plane layer in viewport but all this does is freeze the section plan itself but the cut away of the model is still indicated.

Also tried clicking on show cut-away geometry whislt section plane is selected through viewport but what ever i do to it in one viewport it does in the other!

Im stuck can anyone help Please?

This is using Autocad 2008

"Now i want to show this model in 2 viewports - in one viewport i want the full model to be displayed without the section plane & on the 2nd viewport i want the model with the section plane indicated on it."

u cannot do that;an option is to copy the full model, and crete viewport for full model, and the other viewport for model and section plane

"Now i want to show this model in 2 viewports - in one viewport i want the full model to be displayed without the section plane & on the 2nd viewport i want the model with the section plane indicated on it."

u cannot do that;an option is to copy the full model, and crete viewport for full model, and the other viewport for model and section plane

thanks i did in the end to get around the problem.

The SOLVIEW & SOLDRAW commands could be used to get what you want.

thanks i will try these when im back in work monday :D