Objects appear "dirty"

anndrenaline

Im currently using 3ds max 9 sp2. The problem is the objects in it have black lines or patches appear on them instead of being smooth and constant throughout. They sort of blink and change when u zoom in or out. How can i stop this from happening?

img.jpg

Did you create these in Max or did you Import them from another program?

How far away from the X0,Y0,Z0 origin are these objects? Max doesn't like it when objects get too far away from the origin and display problems like this can occur.

One thing I have found that can fix these types of display issues is to turn Backface Cull on. Select an object, right click and select "Object Properties". In the Object Properties dialog, under "Display Properties", check the"Backface Cull" option to enable it.

Here's a similar thread where this same procedure was used: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45189

So are you saying you created the objects in Autocad?

In Autocad, to find out where an object is in relation to the origin, select it and then check your Properties palette, under the "Geometry" section. This will tell you the objects X,Y,Z position. You can also type LIST at the command line and then select your object.

In Max, to find out where an object is in relation to the origin, just click on it to select it and then look at your coordinate display along the bottom of the screen. It will tell you how far away from the origin your object is.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problems but when i put on the backface cull the black parts just disapair insted of showing the intended surface

for more details please look at my post landscpae size in the arch, landscape section

thanks