Which is best?

stuartmarler

Is Vectorworks better than Sketchup Pro?

Am a landscaper and so wanting a good package for garden designs.

Am currently using Skethup but feel that it is a little mickey mouse for giving to customers.

Waht can I do to make Sketchup drawing s more professional and perhpas use for specifications for the actual build?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hmmm, not a real fair comparison there. Vectorworks is more like AutoCAD instead of SketchUp. You can make SU drawing look just as good as anything else. Have you looked at using Vue with SU? Or for free you can try using a rendering engine like Kerkythea. Now I will add that a good CAD program would also be an asset as well. Are you wanting to show renderings or plans? To you have any examples of what you want your images to look like?

I would like to show plans, so that the landscapers building the garden can read off of them. Also to make the drawings look like professional ones!

Hmmm, not a real fair comparison there. Vectorworks is more like AutoCAD instead of SketchUp. You can make SU drawing look just as good as anything else. Have you looked at using Vue with SU? Or for free you can try using a rendering engine like Kerkythea. Now I will add that a good CAD program would also be an asset as well. Are you wanting to show renderings or plans? To you have any examples of what you want your images to look like?

I would use a mixture of both (CAD and SU). If you want to use VW then go for it, it's just as capable as ACAD.

I guess you want something like this..

landscape%20plan.jpg

If so then a CAD program is the way to go but a nice 3D model even from SU would aid in showing your design.

Good luck :)