Batch rendering

nowikovs12

Hi guys :) I am new to batch rendering and I am trying to fallow the instructions on 3ds max help, I am stuck on the first line :lol: were it says - "run the backburner manager and server applications from start menu, in the same program group as 3ds max". where is the backburner manager and server aplications on xp? and what did it ment by "in the same program group as 3ds max" I tried to google it, not much of useful information for me, can anyone help, who has done this before, or at least knows where I can find the backburner and server aplications, thanks guys :wink:

Hi Cad64 ;) thanks for your help, it would be very usefull, to get it running, I managed to find the backburner manager, but I cant find the server aplications, would they be in the same folder? so Far I have sent 6 renders, they are ready, but there is no server so they are on "waiting" progress

Thanks for the pdf's cad 64 :wink: just to confirm, the backburner manager and server applications are used for rendering on multiple computers, if I want to render from one pc I can just use the batch render from rendering menu? is that right? :) by the way, are you enjoying the new 2011 3ds max? is it better? :D

just to confirm, the backburner manager and server applications are used for rendering on multiple computers, if I want to render from one pc I can just use the batch render from rendering menu? is that right? :)

Yes, that's correct.

by the way, are you enjoying the new 2011 3ds max? is it better? :D

I've been so busy with Autocad work I haven't had time to play with it yet. :(

hmm,.... I don't think you can do multiple views in the batch render, I sent 3 different views, and it rendered 3 times the last view, doesn't matter, I managed to work out the manager ;) yeah,... I just finished my autocad drawings, now on 3ds,... well thanks for your help :) good luck with your work

You should be able to do multiple views if you have 3 cameras set up and you add all 3 cameras to the batch render queue. Did you have your render locked to just one camera view?

aaa,.. yes, I somehow was pressing the shortcut command for new camera wrong, and I didn't even set it to camera01, 02 and 03, tried it now, it works ;) thanks