Receptacles in plan view

The Nickster

Hey guys, I am working on a power plan via REVIT. I created a power plan in my Project Browser and set the properties to show only electrical fixtures, wiring, devices, etc. The receptacles are not showing up as what I am used to seeing. Typically in plan view a duplex receptacle is a circle with two parallel lines through it. For some reason the receptacles are showing up as just a rectangle with a longer line on the front representing a face plate. Is there a way to get the receptacles to look the way they used to? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Are you using the electrical families that comes with Revit? If so, they should appear correctly. If you obtain the families somewhere else, they may not have drawn the 2d sketch lines properly.

I used the Outlet-Duplex family.

outlet2.png

Are you using the electrical families that comes with Revit? If so, they should appear correctly. If you obtain the families somewhere else, they may not have drawn the 2d sketch lines properly.

I used the Outlet-Duplex family.

outlet2.png

Yes, I loaded all of the default electrical families from Revit, I didn't get them from anywhere else.

Open the receptacle up in the family edior and go to the Reference Level plan view.

This is the view that is shown on the drawings. If there is no circle and lines shown, then that's why it's not showing in the floor plan. If they are being shown, you need to verify that those model lines are set to show under all conditions. You can add model lines to a family that only show up when the floor plan is set to "fine" for example. Make sure the visibility settings for those lines are set to show under all conditions.

Open the receptacle up in the family edior and go to the Reference Level plan view.

This is the view that is shown on the drawings. If there is no circle and lines shown, then that's why it's not showing in the floor plan. If they are being shown, you need to verify that those model lines are set to show under all conditions. You can add model lines to a family that only show up when the floor plan is set to "fine" for example. Make sure the visibility settings for those lines are set to show under all conditions.

so far so good, stupid question: how do i set it to show under all conditions?

Forgive me guys, i'm still learning this stuff...

recep reference level plan view.pdf

This is funny, I changed the detail level under the Properties menu to MEDIUM and all of the receptacles showed up as I wanted them. Haha who knew it could be so simple? I feel like a moron now lol.

Thank you all for your help!