Revit Training

John Flanagan

Does Autodesk have any training initiatives for unemployed Architects/Technicians? Is there any way to access software to maintain CAD skills. In my previous practice before redunancy, I used Revit Architecture 2010 for a short period. Any support in this matter would be appreciated as I am sure that I am not the only person in this poisition.

:)

Does Autodesk have any training initiatives for unemployed Architects/Technicians? Is there any way to access software to maintain CAD skills. In my previous practice before redunancy, I used Revit Architecture 2010 for a short period. Any support in this matter would be appreciated as I am sure that I am not the only person in this poisition.

:)

They sure do have something available. I do not remember exactly where to go, I think it is the student area of the main website. They require an educational email address or... copy's of your unemployment papers. This allows you to download any of the educational software for learning with. I have several friends and ex co workers that have taken advantage of this.

Autodesk have a few programs that may be of interest to you, for students and for unemployed persons.

In addition the government and more specifically the job centre may be able to help you by paying for the cost of a training course.

There are also a few over government (or other institution) programs that offer support through either training courses, or covering (or at least helping with) the cost of training courses.

I will see if I can dig up the information I had, however in the meantime Google should be able to throw up a few results.

Final point, I may be wrong but I believe I saw somewhere about RIBA helping out Architects/Students/etc that are unemployed so it may be worth giving them a try or looking at their website.

Good luck.