a new layout/viewport

Frazer1987

Right i have opened a new layout, how on earth do you get a viewport created for this layout, probably simple but it aint happening so far?

thanks

Plot dialogue is the same dialogue as page set-up (right-click on active tab name)

Or.. within plot dialogue, hit the "save to layout" button.

some times we have had to turn the whole thing. type ucs, on prompt type "z", then say 90. your not done, then type "plan" then say current. this is all done while in layout and in model space while on the layout....(make sence?) NOT IN MODLE. that will turn everything only in the viewport. When you go to the Model it is still orentated the correct way.

how do you change your layout/viewport to print horizontally instead of vertically?

The OP asked about printing not about rotating the viewport or the images contained within. Unless he mis-spoke.

I was thinking "change your layout to print horizontally" was more of a descriptor of a layout change.

Otherwise if I was the one asking, I'd have said "How do I print my layout sideways" or something.

Dunno'.. guess it could be read different ways.. no harm done.