• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad64

• john1983

• Raudel Solis

• spittle

thank you for pointing me in the right direction! if it wasnt for your advice i'd still be stuck here twiddling my thumbs waiting for things to render..

• 2 weeks later...
loads loads better, a render that used to take 8 hours to do is taking about 10-15 mins, im really impressed by it

Hell Yeah! I'm ganna jump now from top of our building that render time from 8h to 10-15m. arhhhh!!!!!!!!! I shoud hit my head just to be sure this in not a dream!!!! Thats really cool, a render farm in your palm its like having the orb of power. hahaha

• 7 months later...

There is no limit really, you just have to run backburner on a server. If you're running it on a non-server PC then you will be limited to the number of PC's that can be included in the farm. I think the number of PC's that can be on a non-server render farm is something like 10 or less.

its funny how that works

i went to a university once

and i took the technology tour

i went to the High Performance Computing section "HPC"

and they had Massive high performance servers, "School is a certified HPC education site"

"Parallel computing"

anyways later i went to the Game design and animation

the teacher had a Xeon Desktop and said " i think i got something, i left this on all night rendering i just hope it didnt crash... oh yeah it did"

I find it funny how the HPC section is only about 80 feet away, why dont they just borrow some of their servers :lol:

• 2 months later...