Render problems revit 2010

amaz88

Hi i am new to rendering in revit, i have a few problems

this is my image, its set to High for quality

%7B3D%7D.jpg

as you can see where my curtain wall is it has come up with gray walls and my brick walls have gray spots everywhere. pretty much where gray is i have a glass wall there. including on the 2 sides of the tower

also i have no roof and its covering it up in grey.

i have not touched the settings at all except changing the quality.

any help would be great

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Amaz88,

My first question would be, how did you create your model.

It looks like you might of created a mass and then used the faces of the mass to create the walls. Is this right?

If so, you will need to select the mass and hide it in view.

Give this a try and see if it helps.

• 1 month later...

Some time in Revit the materials are defaulted to generic even if it has a material name assigned to it, which is the grey you are experiancing.

The curtain wall for example you will need to select the glazing by hovering over the curtainwall and hitting tab to toggle thru the elements till you see glazing, (don't tab too fast or you won't see the small message box that tell you what you are hovering over)

Once you see glazing select it and then go to element type properties, under materials and finishes select glass and you should see a small box with 3 dotts appear, click the box, this will lead you to the material dialog box

At the left you will start with the assigned material, which mine is glass and on the right if you choose the Render Appearance Tab, you should see the render appearance is Generic, which mine is too.

Choose Replace and select the "class" pull down to filter glass materials and choose your desired glass material, Ok your way out and you should see glass on your next render.

Understand that materials act as families too, meaning that if you change one material without dublicating it you run the risk of changing other elements materials by mistake.

So take care in how you change your families and materials, there is a logical order to how this works, but I am not going to get into all this, Just understand if you change one thing, you may be changing many other things. When in doubt duplicate until you understand Families, type vs. instance.

All other materials should work the same

If you are looking at a wall, under Element type properties, choose edit structure, under material select one to activate the line as if you was going to type in it and look for that little box with the 3 dots again.

Hope this helps