acad.lsp file is copied in the working directory

enemigoman

Hello:

I use ACAD 2010 32bit and have the following problem: Every time I open any drawing, the file acad.lsp is created/copied in the directory where the opened file is saved. This happens just by opening the file; I don't even need to save it.

This started to happen when I, in my infinite wisdom, closed a warning message without reading it and, on top of it, checked the "Do not show me this message again" square. I only remember that it said "acad.lsp", but nothing else. How stupid was that, uh?

Now this does not affect really the work, but since I work in a network environment, my colleagues find the emergence of this file annoying.

Needless to say all of us are completely LISP-illiterate and, therefore, LISP-fobic.

Thanks for the help.

Let me update you with something I just found out: The problem happens only with the first file opened by ACAD. Once ACAD is runing and I open further drawings, there is no problem.

Well, the message about "acad.lsp" that you probably got was just a fancy message about the ACADLSPASDOC system variable, which should be set to 0.

But there is also a AutoCAD lisp virus out there that makes copies of this and other files. See: http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=TS13717811 and consult with your reseller or other help if needed.

I think if you want to see the message you missed you can do so by going to Tools > Options > System tab > and look in the upper right hand corner for a button labeled Hidden Messages Settings.