3D intersections with Autocad 2006

Ubrigens

Trying to intersect 3 equi-diameter tubes at 120 degrees,

Unable to find method for removing excess solids at junction.

Anyone have a solution????

I'm not sure exactly what type of result you're looking to achieve, but try UNION or INTERSECT or INTERFERE. I'm sure one of those commands will get you what you're looking for.

I'm not sure exactly what type of result you're looking to achieve, but try UNION or INTERSECT or INTERFERE. I'm sure one of those commands will get you what you're looking for.

Tried these commands without any success,which was reason for request!

I'm guessing all three pipes also have the same centerline elevation. Here's another possible option.

Make a copy of all three pipes off to one side.

Union the three original pipes together.

Use the Intersect command on the copy of the three pipes.

Take the result you got from the copy, move it into position with your original pipes. Subtract what you just moved from your original (unioned) pipes.

Does it work?

Sorry...I cannot test it out myself (which I usually do). My friend's laptop doesn't have AutoCAD on it. I'm really supposed to be troubleshooting a Win7 (not genuine) problem for him. Shhhhhhh...don't tell him I'm here. Thanks.

Sounds like it might work,but did'n't----posibble problem is that I omitted to mention that pipes are not co-planar----sorry!

Post the drawing and so we can take a look at what you have since your description of the problem seems to have changed.

Note: I deleted my previous post because after testing it this morning (Thursday) I found it to be unworkable.

Different approach.

I think it could be done using the Slice command and the Surface option. But until I see how the pipes are actually configured I can't be 100% sure.

Well it can be done if all the pipes centerlines are at the same elevation. In the test I did I had three 2" diameter pipes at angles of 0, 60 and 120 degrees and one end of all three pipes met at the same location.

For your consideration. Three pipes (max angle 120 deg). I sliced the top half of the pipes off so the intersections could be viewed.

Slice of Pipe.jpg

could be done using the Slice command and the Surface option. ...

Not in r2006. The parts can be done in 2006, but we need to see what the OP has completed so far.

Tried these commands without any success,which was reason for request!

Maybe you should have mentioned that in your original post. Then I wouldn't have wasted my time offering the advice. :roll: