petermelias

Opaque Mesh View?

petermelias

I have searched on this for quite some time-- I am putting it in the beginner's thread because I am new here and feel like it's a beginner question.

Question: Is it possible to change the view (or object behavior) while editing meshes (on a sphere for example) so that you only see the mesh that's nearest? i.e. NOT the mesh on the OPPOSITE face?

This is posing a problem for me because when trying to edit / snap etc... on the mesh intersections and faces nearest to my view, it autosnaps every so often to mesh parts that are actually on the other side of the object, making nearly impossible to just work on one side.

Very frustrated but I feel the answer is probably simple and likely to make me feel stupid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter

SEANT

Clipping Planes, as applied by the DVIEW command, should allow a setup like you describe.

petermelias

@SEANT:

Thank you so much, this worked to get rid of the lines behind the face I wanted to be editing HOWEVER, I am a little confused with the DVIEW clipping... as soon as I try to begin editing the model, it jumps out of the perspective that I defined with the clipping. How do you lock the perspective to the defined DVIEW while still editing the object? Or is that not possible?

SEANT

Make sure you complete the DVIEW command sequence. Once you have manipulated the view to set a clipping plane, press ENTER once again to finalize the process. The command prompt should have printed:

*** Returning to the UCS ***

Regenerating model.

before you attempt to manipulate any geometry.

petermelias

Yeah I feel stupid, thanks.

Peter