Window Mullions

ryan3650

Hey guys I have a group of windows I want to render and the mullion pattern is fairly elaborate....I thought I could simply model one window, and then either make it a block or just copy it over and over but for some reason when I try either of these the copies I make do not render properly.

If I make the mullions and glass into a block they render awkwardly and if I make copies of the mullions and glass without turning it into a block, the original window renders nicely and the others render awkwardly also for whatever reason.

I'm not sure why it is doing this and if I sound inexperienced it's because I am, but hopefully there is a simple answer to this.

Thanks!!

Thankyou for getting back to me...

here is what I mean

as you can see, after I copy everything over the objects seem to lose there material qualitys...ideally I would just make a block of this and keep copying it...since there around 50 of the same window here

Properly.jpg

Improper.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't reproduce this problem on my machine. I can create a model, apply materials, make it a block and then copy and paste as many times as I like without losing materials.

Zip up your CAD file, including materials, and post it here.

Hey, I don't know how to apply a material to a layer. Each component is on it's own layer but I apply materials by going to properties and clicking on the material tab. If there is a more efficient way please let me kNow! I will upload the file when I get home I am on vacation right now till Monday. Thankyou very much

Hi Ryan,

To aplly material by layer it is quit simple.

1st - Go to Render tab / Materials panel

2nd - Click on little arrow beyond panel

3rd - Select Attach by layer

4th - Select material on the left list and drag on layer name

5th - and ok

Have a nice day !

Pascal

attach by layer.jpg