Clearance checking?

Sophisto

Hello gang,

Quick question of which I think I already know the answer to:

Is there a way to check clearances between 2 3D solids in Autocad?

Thanks.

Jason

You want to see if they collide? Try using the Interfere command.

No the objects im checking have to have a minimum clearance of 18 inches. the surfaces are not coplanar and are also at different elevations and angles so its not always east to see what edge of these objects are "closest" in relation to one another.

hoping for a cmd that would find that point automatically and list the distance from one another.

Jason

Sorry...can't help you there. I use "cheaters" (i.e. - little line segments) attached to critical points and do a "list" on them. I'm sure there is a better way and someone will soon come by and educate us both.

It appears we have a lack of viable solutions at the moment. Let's get this thread back in the limelight and see if it attracts any attention. ***BUMP***

Try to perform some SECTIONs along those objects - this may help in some case; depends of their geometry.

Regards,