Where has my model tree gone?

padipottamos

Hello, I'm new to Inventor having been a Pro-e user for some time. The transition is proving difficult! My model tree (the list of operations that one has conducted - usually down the left hand side of the screen) has dissappeared & I am unable to find it. Inventor seems to now start like this every time - It definately was there. Without it I can't select the plane etc. I have ordered the Autodesk Inventor manual but it may take some time. Any help would be great.

Are you using two screens?

Are you using the Ribbon interface or Classic?

Most likely you accidentally turned if off (there is a little x button in the browser that closes it). To turn it back on, go to the View Tab in the Ribbon and on the Windows Panel select the fly out for User Interface, you should see an empty box in front of Browser. Turn that back on.

If you look under the View Tab, there will be an icon called User Interface, under that there will be a few selections. One of them will be browser, make sure it is checked and it should reappear.

jdits7

Thanks for the reply, I'm only using 1 screen & the ribbon interface, not the classic. I'll try your suggestions, many thanks

Even though you have used Pro-E for some time, it may not be a bad idea to get a one day of training or consulting from your reseller to ease the transition and pick their brain on some concepts. If you spend two weeks or more learning new ways on your own instead of one day, the training could very well pay for itself in company productivity. I have trained about 200 Pro-E users on the transition to Inventor over the last four years or so, and when compared to their colleagues that deemed the training below them, they all excelled beyond the naysayers.

There is only so much a book will teach you and the book is only as good as the author. Which one did you get?