Quickcad version 7

bluehunt3

Can someone please tell me how to transfer drawings (files) from my old Windows 95 to my Windows XP? I do not have the disc anymore. Thank you so much. Brigitte

It sounds more like you want to move a program when you say you "do not have the disc anymore". Is that correct?

If all you want to do is move your drawing (dwg) files then you can use a 3.5" floppy disk, a CD, or as Tiger suggested a USB-stick (flash drive or thumb drive). Even an old Iomega Zip drive would probably work.

Please clarify your statement. Are you trying to move drawing files or program files?

Keep this in mind...most Windows-based software has to be "installed". You can't just copy the program files over to another hard drive and expect them to work especially since you are changing operating systems (Win95 to WinXP).

Sorry for the confusion. My father wants to view the drawings he created on his old Windows 95 computer on his newer XP computer. I am not a computer person, obviously, but he is 72, still working and asked me to help him. I hope that is more clear. I appreciate everyone's time, thank you

So its the program that he wants to install again on his new computer. Without the disks, I don't know if you can - as far as I know, a program can't be moved in the same sense that files can.

What file-type does Quickcad use? Perhaps there is a viewer that will help. Is it a still-operational company? Search the web, the company might be able to help you.