Block Tables tutorial please

JamFam

I am using AutoCAD 2010 (full version) and I want to create a dynamic block of a square housing that has 10 different sizes available. Each of the 4 sides of the square housing are equal. I just want one dynamic block that gives the user the ability to chose which of the 10 different size housings they want for any particular drawing. How do I use the Block Table to achieve that?

Thanks

Are you referring to the Block Properties Table? You want to create a lookup table I assume.

Have you tried looking at your AutoCAD Help files?

I don't believe the block properties table is what I'm looking for. Yes I checked the HELP menu but found nothing specific to how to enter a table into a block. If my block has only 1 linear parameter and no others. how do I insert a table that can allow me to choose between 10 different sizes of the same block?

Thanks

I believe that is covered in your Help file. Look under Block Properties Table dialog box. At least in 2010 that's where I found it.

Yes ReMark, I do see your reference in the Help menu however I fail to see a step by step tutorial on precisely how to use this feature. Anymore thoughts or helps??

Thanks

Step by step tutorial? I'm not aware of any at the moment. I'd have to do some research. Have you tried looking at Ellen Finkelstein's website?

I found this site to be very helpful. It helped me to accomplish my goals which was to have a single block, in this case a square housing and give it the ability to increase or decrease in size according to specific sizes I generated. I am a happy chappy.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-6c9f.htm,topicNumber=d0e79460

It shows where in the AutoCAD 2010 Help you can find the specific issue I was looking for. Note: Click on the + sign inside a box that is beside "To specify a value for a linear or polar parameter". This will open a 10 point step by step instruction. I should also note that I used the equal = constraint to ensure that all four sides of my housing were equal in size. I fixed (via a padlock) the bottom of the left side of the box. This insured that the box had a fixed point of reference.

I hope this helps others as it did me.