Invalid URI Error Message

CJJ

I just started getting this error message today (I use AutoCAD LT 2010 daily). I remembered that I had allowed three, MS Office 2007 Security updates to install this morning (they came up automatically - and I don't even have MS Office 2007 - very frustrating!). So I removed the 3 updates using the Windows XP control panel 'Add or Remove Programs' and the error message has gone away.

The solution from an earlier post (uninstall MS .net framework and AutoCAD, etc.) seemed like a drastic, last resort to me. Hopefully this will do it for some of you as it seems to have for me, without a lot of fuss.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CJJ

• mela2010

• Cadister

• poidog

Top Posters In This Topic

The users at my company who had originally seen this error have since stopped seeing it. The error seems to have gone away on its own, I'm not sure if this was due to MS Updates or what. I hadn't installed any AutoCAD service packs or anything like that.

On one (Map 09) user I completely removed everything MS Dot NET related (he had a few versions from 1.1 up to 3.5) and uninstalled iTunes because I had seen on other forums that iTunes may have been causing problems for people who were seeing a similar error message for non-autocad software. I then rebooted and installed only the most recent Dot NET framework. This did not immediately fix the problem because we still saw the URI error message, but shortly after the message stopped appearing. Also, InteriorDesigner's previous post regarding Office 2007 doesn't seem to apply here in my case because all of my users are still using Office 2003.

I didn't do anything to the second (C3D 09) user's system, and the message stopped popping up after a few weeks on its own.

Today, I had another user (also running Civil 3D '09) see this message. He said that AutoCAD crashed on Friday, then when he came in this morning AutoCAD is giving this "Invalid URI" error message every time he fires it up. I've checked his machine, and he's up-to-date on the Dot Net Frameworks and has the most recent C3D service pack 3. Looks like nothing has been installed on or uninstalled from his machine in months, and he's not even getting the automatic updates from Microsoft, so I'm fairly certain that there hasn't been anything new going on that could have caused this message to start appearing, other than possibly the AutoCAD crashes he had on Friday.

I'd still like to get to the bottom of this, so if anyone has a solution or any more information regarding these Invalid URI errors, please share. On the plus side, it's not really a crippling problem, and may just go away after a few weeks.

• 6 months later...

Thanks NewVillage. That link had some good info and helped me fix my URI error message. A quick way to get to the registry is to type regedit into the run command line.

My path was not exactly as the author in the link described, but very similar if you follow the folder tree to get to the right folder. My path was:

HKLM\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.1\[ACAD-XXXX:XXX]\Applications\InfoCenterAcConn

• 9 months later...

Im using 2010, and have been for a couple of years. I had a problem with Acronis Back-up program. I removed Acronis last night. Now I am getting the invalid URI messsage although I have had ACAD2010 open earlier today. Any ideas how to fix this?

Try this:

· Close AutoCAD

· Open the Registry Editor (Start – Run - REGEDIT)

· Search for InfoCenterOn in the registry

· Set all instances of InfoCenterOn to 0.

· Start AutoCAD