Semi-transparent objects in render

Mario san

Hi! My first post here, I'm rendering by hobbie.

o:)

I installed Autodesk 3DS 2009 today, a clean instalation, and with MQO plug-in I import some objects, but at the time of rendering, the objects are semitransparent, as you can see in the screenshot.

Anyone know why? :huh: Thx in advanced

4755383465_2d2d4ba623.jpg

Do you have Opacity applied to your materials?

Can you post some screenshots of your material settings and render settings?

Or maybe you can post the file itself so I can take a look at it?

Do you have Opacity applied to your materials?

Can you post some screenshots of your material settings and render settings?

Or maybe you can post the file itself so I can take a look at it?

Sure! This is the Autodesk file, MQO file and MQO plug-in too.

I didn't anything weird: I installed 3DS 09, then the plug in, import into new proyect and rendering.

xttp://thebs.net/files/render.rar

replace xttp with http ;)

Sorry, I can't extract the files. I don't have Winrar and I don't feel like installing the trial version just for this. Plus, I'm using Studio Max 2010, so the 2009 plug-in probably won't work for me anyway. Can you just post some screenshots of your material settings and render settings?

Did you check to make sure you don't have opacity turned down on your materials?

Sorry, I can't extract the files. I don't have Winrar and I don't feel like installing the trial version just for this. Plus, I'm using Studio Max 2010, so the 2009 plug-in probably won't work for me anyway. Can you just post some screenshots of your material settings and render settings?

Did you check to make sure you don't have opacity turned down on your materials?

Yes, i'm not an expert on this, but I can see in Material Editor > Opacity 100% as you can see in the screenshot. Anyway, now the file is a zip, with the 09 and 10 plug in too.

xttp://thebs.net/files/render.zip

I added the 3dsMax file. Thx so much.

4755690251_dec9b0032c_z.jpg

4755690215_359d59511b_z.jpg4755690187_c4dce05675_z.jpg

I'm missing one material, (g.sword5.bmp), but I was still able to render without it. By the way, these are extremely low resolution textures. Very low quality.

I see you are using only a skylight as your light source. I think this may be your problem. Try setting up a Daylight System or just use some standard lights. I would also recommend using Mental Ray as your renderer, rather than Scanline.