How do you generate Center of Gravity on Drawing?

TERRORS42

I need to place the center of gravity of an assembly on a drawing. could someone help me with this one? I know how to make the COG appear in the actual assembly but not on the drawing. Is there something I have to mess with when I am editing the views?

I am using inventor 10.

Center of gravity covers a few things in Inventor so can I have alittle more info on what your doing.

I know how to make the COG appear in the actual assembly

what do you mean by this did you drive the constraint and monitor the center of gravity??

Center of gravity covers a few things in Inventor so can I have alittle more info on what your doing.

I know how to make the COG appear in the actual assembly

what do you mean by this did you drive the constrain and monitor the center of gravity??

Well in the assembly file I go to the view menu and there is an option that will toggle the Center of gravity on and off. When I go to the drawing file however, I have no idea how to show this center of gravity.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

In the drawing file, expand the drawing view you're interested in. Find the part and right click on it, then click 'Center of Gravity' and it will automatically add a point at the COG in that drawing view.

that only works in 2009 and 2010. If you need to get center of gravity in an older version or a little more robust method in the newer versions you can try the add in on cbliss.com